- Trim all threads on the front and back of the quilt top.
- Mark the top of the quilt with a safety pin.
- Provide backing that is 6 – 8 “ longer and wider than the quilt top
- All seams and stitches must be secure and pressed flat
- The top and back of the quilt must be square.
- Wavy borders must be corrected.
- Carefully press the quilt top and back
- Press the backing seam open using a ½” seam allowance.
- If you want trim of any sort added on your quilt, those items must be added after quilting.
- Don’t baste layers together.